Scholarship applications are no longer being accepted. (Deadline was 3/18/2022.)
Lake High School
Band Boosters Scholarship
The Lake Band Boosters will sponsor four $1,000 Scholarships to four well-rounded Lake Band Seniors who are pursuing higher education. The awards are for one year and are non-renewable.
- Graduating Band Senior at Lake High School.
- Seniors planning to pursue further education and must have been accepted by a school of higher education – e.g. college, nursing school, technical, etc.
- Recipient must have participated in four years of high school band.
- Must complete the application in full, including the essay, and submit no later than the deadline specified in the schedule below.
- Applicants must be available for a personal interview conducted by the Booster Scholarship Committee on the Saturday specified in the schedule below.
- The application and selection process is governed by a Booster Scholarship Committee consisting of parents, teachers, and volunteers. Family members of applicants are prohibited from the committee.
- The applicant's activities submitted in Part-1 of the application are used to generate a score. The essays in Part-2 are anonymized, reviewed by committee, and scored across multiple criteria.
- Each applicant has an interview with the Scholarship Committee on the designated interview day. Additional scores are assigned by committee members based on the interview.
- The committee compiles each applicant's overall score and determines the winners.
Scholarships will be awarded at the annual Lake High School Band Banquet.
Note: If the winner does not further his/her education, monies received must be returned to the Lake Band Boosters before the start of the Autumn 2022 semester. The money will go back into the Lake Band Booster Scholarship Fund.
|Feb 21 - Mar 18||
Application Process Open
Students may submit or revise applications during this time.
|Mar 18 (Fri) 11:59pm||
Deadline for Submission
All applications must be submitted, including any final revisions. Late or incomplete submissions will be rejected.
|April 9 (Sat)||
Students must complete an interview with the scholarship committee at their scheduled time. The scholarship committee will contact students at the end of March to schedule time slots.
|Apr 25 (Mon)||
Winners will be announced and awards given during the annual Band Banquet.
The scholarship application process consists of 3 main parts. The online form covers the Activities Summary and Essay portions. Interviews will be in person.
Part 1: SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES/HONORS/AWARDS
The student will list high school band participation, extracurricular activities, honors & awards, and indicate the year(s) involved. Activities must be described clearly and accurately, and are subject to verification at the discretion of the committee chairperson. Credit will not be given for items listed improperly or incompletely.
Part 2: ESSAY
Write an essay answering the following question in 200 words or less: "How has the band program at Lake affected my education?"
Part 3: INTERVIEW
Applicants must be available for a personal interview on Saturday, April 9th between 8:30am and 3:00pm. The scholarship committee will contact students at the end of March to schedule the interviews. We will try to honor the student's preferred time of day, but cannot guarantee it.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org